Dr Wesley Miles
Dr Wesley Miles is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist based in Melbourne. Dr Miles provides Specialist Radiotherapy Management services, treating all tumour types and has a special clinical and academic interest in the management of Prostate, Skin, Head and Neck, Gastrointestinal, Colorectal and Breast cancers.
Metropolitan Radiotherapy - A Premium Service
Metropolitan Consulting and Radiotherapy Services are based at the Epworth Radiation Oncology Centres at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond and the Freemasons in East Melbourne. Each centre is now equipped with brand new, state of the art Radiotherapy Treatment machines, used for the precise delivery of image guided (IGRT) and intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) plans - now considered the "gold standard" treatment in radiotherapy amongst the World's Leading Cancer Centres. It is a premium service and team that Dr Miles is proud to be a part of.
Peripheral Clinics & Teamwork
Dr Miles attends peripheral clinics weekly at rooms in East Bentleigh, Lilydale and Box Hill. This minimises travelling for the patients and links seamlessly to the Epworth's experienced, amiable and accommodating staff. This teamwork avoids delays in commencing radiotherapy cancer treatment, which is often a source of great anxiety for patients.
The clinics he consults at peripherally provide Expert Team Environments for the Management of Prostate, Genitourinary and Skin, including Head & Neck, tumours.
The treatment of superficial skin cancer, which still affects more Australians each year than any other cancer, is provided at the Skin & Cancer Foundation in Carlton, where Dr Miles works closely with the team as their Resident Consultant Radiation Oncologist.
Dr Miles, his staff and those that he works closely and collaboratively with at all sites, work for the same outcome:
- to achieve the best clinical results for the patients, safely;
- to accommodate patients' special needs and make their lives during treatment as 'normal' as possible;
- to utilise the cutting-edge technology at their disposal to its maximum capabilities; and
- to avert or minimise any delays in patient cancer therapy deliveries.
Regional Radiotherapy Services - Improving Access
Having worked in a number of contrasting regional and metropolitan areas and within many different Radiotherapy departments during his training, Dr Miles is committed to ensuring Access to Quality Cancer Care and Multi-Disciplinary Management in Regional centres, which he is building through:
- weekly Bendigo Radiotherapy Clinics at the Regional Head Office;
- a fortnightly clinic at Strathdale's Dermatology and Specialist Centre, supporting expert Dermatologist, Dr Paul Curnow;
- regular attendance at the Loddon Mallee Integrated Cancer Service's Genitourinary cancer MDM; and
- a monthly clinic at the Shepparton Private Hospital Consulting Suites, which coincides with the monthly Hume Regional Integrated Cancer Service's Multi-disciplinary Meeting that Dr Miles has supported and attended for the last two years.
Making an Appointment
To organise a consultation with Dr Miles, please ask your doctor for a referral.
Need More Information?
Dr Miles is also happy to field questions and can be contacted at email@example.com.